Sunday, May 3, 2009

Who I am... Through How I Dress

1. My personal upbringing developed the way I express myself in several ways. First off, my parents while emphasizing the utter importance of education, and success allowed each of the three boys to find their paths to that point. My eldest is a industrial designer, wears very 'rei' outdoorsy type clothing, my younger brother is on the path of athletics as I was for a while and thus wears a lot of Nike and other sporty type clothing. However my success after passing through an age of athletic wear when I played sports in high school has developed to follow my beliefs about success, and where I want to be in 5, 10 and 30 years. I dress for success, I want that first impression to stick and I want it to be positive for every person you meet could be your next business partner, boss or client and it is important for them to think highly of you. Another aspect in how I put myself together in the morning, comes from my active involvement in the gay community in portland and especially my idolization of my uncle mike, who is a very successful architect. The community stressed the importance of fashion, dressing well, dining well and how that two and two get you to bigger and better places... just look at the forbes top 100, there are a tremendous number of homosexuals, they also typically live in the richest regions of most major urban cities... they know how to be successful.

The hardest thing for me is knowing that in the process of trying to get into a relationship with a girl, my professional demeanor is quite different from that of a typical college male and thus it takes more time to read my book.


2. Number one in my family is to do something that benefits the people, number two in my family is be successful and number three in my family is be original. While I have yet to see if my effects on the people of this world will impact my dress. I have created opportunities in the banking world through my professional demeanor to be successful, and get to a place where I can do tremendous good through my creativity. I think that my demeanor and dress played a significant impact in getting invitations to these type of positions.

3. Because of my core beliefs I do my best to surround myself with individuals who have the same drive and desires that I do, which typically leads to the same sort of dress. Typically you'll catch us in polos, designer jeans and a nice jacket. My freshman year I joined a fraternity which preached the importance of brotherhood, accountability, integrity, academic success and community giving... while this group brothers vary significantly, we are all driven and looking for future success.

No comments:

Post a Comment